[mythtv-users] MythLED Picture

Asciimonster asciimonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 27 17:24:14 EST 2005

David George wrote:

> I thought about adding a thread to the backend to do this, but figured
> it would be better to have a separate processes that asks the backend
> for the info.  First by doing it this way we can have multiple LED
> boxes (one for each frontend).  Also I wanted to have the ability for
> the box to detect if the backend is ever unavailable.

I have not a really clear picture about how the front- and backends
communicate, but if we use the TCP/IP connection the backend would have
the unavailability option already (asynchronous socket error), plus it
will solve most of the protocol questions. You could also choose to run
a secundary protocol on onother port.

Yust my 0.02 EUR.