[mythtv-users] MythLED Picture

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Jan 27 16:01:31 EST 2005

On 1/27/2005 3:20 PM, Dan Wilga wrote:

> At 12:41 PM -0500 1/27/05, James Armstrong wrote:
>
>> I will clean up the schematics and get something posted. If enough
>> people want it we can have a few boards made.
>
> Please also include the software you are using. I think that one of
> the things that is currently lacking is an efficient (non-polling) way
> of doing this by directly modifying Myth's code.

I thought about adding a thread to the backend to do this, but figured
it would be better to have a separate processes that asks the backend
for the info.  First by doing it this way we can have multiple LED boxes
(one for each frontend).  Also I wanted to have the ability for the box
to detect if the backend is ever unavailable.  This hasn't happened to
me yet, but I tend to run Myth from CVS everywhere so better safe than
sorry.  Also, I figured the couple of small changes to the backend to
support a couple of additional queries (low disk space, low guide data)
would make it into CVS a lot easier than another thread with major
functionality.

--
David

P.S.  In case anyone was wondering.  James did the hardware and I did
the software.