[mythtv-users] Nova-T kernel versions.

Derek Jennings derek at disposable.dnsalias.org
Thu Jan 27 15:00:33 EST 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 19:04, mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk wrote:
> A quick question, has anyone had the 909 model Nova-T (Conexant chipset)
> working on older 2.6 kernels?
>
> The reason I ask is I can't get it working on 2.6.5-7.111.30 and the
> video4linux Make.config says that cx88_dvb wont compile on anything
> below 2.6.10.
>
> Currently I have everything working and stable[1] with the (updated)
> default suse 9.1 kernel (2.6.5-7.111.30) and I'd rather not change it
> unless I *have* to.
>
> OTOH if it doesn't work then it's the perfect excuse to buy a pvr-250 to
> replace it and build a second backend. :-)
>
> Which brings me to my second question, would a 450 PIII be suitable for
> a backend with a Nova-T in?
>
> Thanks
>
> Druid
>
> [1] Touch wood ;-)

I have it working with the 2.6.8 kernel
To get it to compile I needed to get  CVS video4linux and dvb-kernel
If you google for '[linux-dvb] Re: Nova-T with Conexant '  you will find the
post where I described the exact procedure. Unfortunately the linux-dvb
mailing list seems to be offline at present.

As for 450PIII, I have not tried it, but do not see why it would not work. For
DVB TV all the backend has to do is copy an 8MBps stream to the hard drive.

HTH

derek