[mythtv-users] Getting mythfrontend to start

Corey Haim gmaddr-usenet at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 12:55:21 EST 2005

I am tweaking my rc.local as shown below to get everything to start in
the right order. How I got to this point is long and involved but
relates to the initialization script that comes with lircd not starting
on the correct device. I am using the wmi as a window manager. I used
gdmsetup to auto login mythtv, and this works fine, but I still need to
execute mythfrontend manually. Can someone tell me where I definite an
auto start task so that mythfrontend loads automatically? I know this
gets 'the dumb question of the day' award and I apologize profusely!

touch /var/lock/subsys/local

/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
sleep 5
/usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -alpha -on -globalalpha -nolocalalpha
sleep 2
/usr/sbin/lircd -d /dev/lirc0
sleep 2
mythbackend &