[mythtv-users] Archiving TV shows to DVD

M S skd5aner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:54:37 EST 2005

If i go through any of the steps that are recommened to burn PVR-250
recordings to disc, I get no sound on either my windows box or my
set-top player.  It's not the media, I've tired + and -.  I CAN get
sound on my set-top playe IF I manually configure the player to play
PCM instead of Bitstream audio.  This is a pain in the butt.  I think
I've found a solution, but not sure... I'll have to try tonight, but
this is what I'm trying:

1) Record PVR-250
2) Edit cutlists
3) Nuvexport MPEG2->MPEG2 Cut
4) Copy to Apple OS X
5) Run ffmpegX (make sure to have mpeg2 qt plugin)
6) Convert to DVD w/AC3 audio
7) Make DVD w/iDVD

We'll see what happens when I try and burn it to disk