[mythtv-users] Volume reset going into live TV

Craig Box craig at dubculture.co.nz
Thu Jan 27 03:07:18 EST 2005

I have my master ALSA volume and my PCM volume both set to 90 in alsamixer.  Whenever I put MythTV into live TV mode (using a BT87x card with a cable running to the line in of an intel8x0 chipset card) the volumes are reset to 70 and 65, which are far too quiet.

I seem to remember setting those volumes -sometime- in the big setup way back when, but I've only just found the pattern.  My current thinking is that it is something to do with saved volumes for when OSS emulation is used.  Can anyone shed any light onto this please?

Regards
Craig