[mythtv-users] How-to Moving History of Recordings to New Backend?

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 20:44:05 EST 2005

Geoff Scott wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:11:29 -0500, Tim <t.tait at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>I have the new backend up and running under a new hostsname... I have
>>used nuvimport to move all recordings I wanted to keep. I wasn't sure if
>>that was the best way of doing it, but from what I read it seemed the
>>safest. I think the only thing I need now is the history of recorded but
>>deleted programs.
>>
>>I am thinking that a mysql dump of that table and import to the new one
>>should work, but which table and do I need to filter? Also, are the any
>>issues with hostname, etc?
>>
>>Tim
>>

>I recently moved to a new backend as well.
>
>What I did was centered around three tables:  record, recorded and
>recrodedmarkup.  From what I read, these were the most important
>tables to get into the new system.
>
>I used this command to dump each table:
>
>mysqldump -u root -p mythconverg record > record.table.sql
>mysqldump -u root -p mythconverg recorded > recorded.table.sql
>mysqldump -u root -p mythconverg recordedmarkup > recordedmarkup.table.sql
>
>(I suppose you could dump all three at once, but I wanted to look at
>each of them..and I like to do things the hard way).
>
>I then edited the dump files so that the only sql commands left were
>the "INSERT into..." commands.  I don't need the table building
>commands because the tables are already there in the new backends database.
>
>Now, when I tried to import those files into my new database, I got
>an erro on the "recorded" table.
>
>So I looked at the new table:
>mysql -u root -p mythconverg
>mysql> show columns from recorded;
>
>and noticed that the rows lastmodified, filesize, stars,
>previouslyshown, and originalairdate were all new in 0.16 (I was
>coming from 0.15).  The
>defaults are NULL, 0, 0, 0, NULL respectively.
>
>I simply added those five values to the end of every "INSERT into ..."
>line that was in my recorded.table.sql file.  Then the import went
>fine.

Thanks, that was a good start. I think "oldrecorded" is the one I
actually needed. I exported that, and removed the table creation stuff.
Like you said, there were more columns in the new one, but I tried it
anyways and it seemed to work. The only errors it gave were for a few
recordings that had duplicates, ie I guess the new backend had already
recorded them again? Or maybe it was the nuvimported ones... Anyhow, I
used -f on the import and it kept going. Now the recording schedule
looks good. Have I missed anything?

 Is it possible to make mythtv forget the old recording history from
within the menus?

Thanks to all who helped-

Tim