[mythtv-users] imdb metadata getting clobbered by frontend

rsalern5 at optonline.net rsalern5 at optonline.net
Wed Jan 26 18:07:19 EST 2005

I'm running one front+backend box (running KnoppMyth R4V5) and one frontend-only box (XBox). I rip DVDs on the frontend because my backend has no DVD drive yet, and watch them on both machines. So far so good, until I rename the videos and pretty them up with imdb metadata and poster pics using video setup.

On the backend box I can rename the video files ripped from DVD and successfully grab the imdb info and poster images. The menu has the movie poster icons and it looks great - as long as I watch the videos on the backend box.

However, when I bring up the video menu on the frontend XBox, every video's metadata displays as if they were just ripped - that is, all the metadata for every ripped DVD gets wiped out (reverts to the default ugly file names, loses the imdb number, notes, and poster filename). If I do the opposite, i.e. grab the imdb data on the Xbox, just the opposite happens, i.e. looks ok on the Xbox until viewing on the KnoppMyth box wipes out the metadata.

In either case, the metadata is clobbered on both machines - not just the one which first triggers the erasure. Try to watch a video on the backend machine and the imdb info is back to default values as if the DVDs were just ripped.

I'm going to have a look at the MySQL logs tonight - meanwhile any tips or pointers on what might be happening here would be appreciated.

-Russ