[mythtv-users] How-to Moving History of Recordings to New Backend?

Tim t.tait at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 17:11:29 EST 2005

Kevin Wentland wrote:

>I think he is looking to backup the database.... Here is a link on how
>to do this.
>
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/backup.html
>

>On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:51:49 -0600, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
>

>>Tim wrote:
>>

>>>I've googled for this but not found an answer. I'm sure it would not
>>>be that hard if I understood more about MySQL and the data stored.
>>>
>>>How does one move the history of what has been recorded to a new
>>>backend (not a slave)? I want to avoid re-recording episodes long
>>>since viewed and deleted on the old backend.
>>>

>>You don't need to.  The backends share the database that holds this
>>information.
>>
>>Kevin

I have the new backend up and running under a new hostsname... I have
used nuvimport to move all recordings I wanted to keep. I wasn't sure if
that was the best way of doing it, but from what I read it seemed the
safest. I think the only thing I need now is the history of recorded but
deleted programs.

I am thinking that a mysql dump of that table and import to the new one
should work, but which table and do I need to filter? Also, are the any
issues with hostname, etc?

Tim