[mythtv-users] X and PVR 350

Chris Martin council.tax at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:14:19 EST 2005

I've finally managed to pass some video through my PVR 350' s TV out* so the
next step is to try and get X running.  For some reason IVTV is not being
run while the system boots, so I'm currently doing:
# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe ivtv

Then editing my xorg.conf file to give me the appropriate settings and
pressing ctr-alt-backspace to restart X.  Unfortunately, and somewhat
predictably,  the X Server refuses to restart.

Some information.
I'm using FC3 Following Jarod's guide
I'm in the UK so I'm trying to get the thing to display on a PAL TV

cat /var/log/messages |grep "iTVC15 TV out" returns:
Jan 26 16:22:14 localhost kernel: ivtv-osd: fb1: iTVC15 TV out frame buffer
device

/sbin/lspci -v  returns:
02:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC15 MPEG-2
Encoder (rev 01)
       Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV PVR-350
       Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]

MY IVTV Init suggests I'm using  ivtv: version 0.3.2 (c), which isn't the
one that Jarod says I should be using, although I did install it from the
at-testing rpms.  If part of the problem is that I should be using ivtv
0.2.0rc3c then I need to know how to 'downgrade'.

I've also attached my modprobe.conf and xorg.conf files as it's probably in
one of those that the problem lies.

Thanks,

Chris

*If anybody knows why my PVR 350 initialises with the SAA7127 PAL settings
but then switches to NTSC whenever I remove and then reload the SAA7127
module
then I'd be most greatful!