[mythtv-users] adjusting the color and hue of a particular channel at record time with pvr-250

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Jan 26 11:53:41 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:12:44AM -0500, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:15:04 -0500, Brian J. Murrell
> <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 09:58 -0500, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> > >
> > > Not with hardware encoders.
> >
> > No?  That seems like a strange omission on the part of the hardware.
> > Seeing as the signal is analog, one would think that there would be
> > adjustments between the tuner and the encoder.
>
> It's called a hardware encoder for a reason.  When Myth gets the
> stream it's already an MPEG2 file.  Filtering and recomprerssing the
> stream would defeat the purpose of having a hardware encoder.

I may be misreading Brian, Donavan, but it sounds like he means *pre-encoder*
to me; analog adjustments applied to the decoded baseband video going from
the tuner *to* the hardware encoder.

I agree: if there aren't knobs there, there should be.

But I'd thought there *were*, even on the Hauppauge cards.  F, versus G on
the keyboard?  Something like that...

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me