[mythtv-users] [OT] Universal remote recommendations...?

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 10:53:19 EST 2005

At 12:56 26/01/2005 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm using the Sky Navigator with built-in keyboard and it works very
>well.  It's quite useful to bind some of the less known features
>(restart script etc.) to buttons on the built-in keyboard rather than
>them being visible all the time.
>
>I've yet to get all the keys firing and do away with the proper
>keyboard, but that's the intention.  Note, if you've not bought one
>yet, I don't think they work with the Hauppauge receiver of non
>homebrew types like irman.
>
>Let me know if you want my lirc configs.
>
>Dan

Thanks for the offer, but I've just discovered a post in the deepest
darkest recesses of google that the Sky+ remotes transmit using the RC6
protocol, whereas the Hauppauge cards receive using the RC5 protocol, and
are thus incompatible :( As you suggest, they'll only work with a homebrew
or commercial RC6 receiver, which is a bit of a PITA TBH. When I figure out
how to shoehorn building one, I might take you up on the offer ;) In the
meantime I've pilfered myself the crumb-ridden half-broken remote from the
front room and have been rejigging that...