[mythtv-users] Recording and watching recording

Tien Nguyen tndotnet at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 06:51:45 EST 2005

Hello,
I have a MythTV with four bttv capture cards which I intend to use for watching live camera feeds. So far the MythTV was installed and working but I ran into a few problems:

The problem can be recreated consistently as followed:

1/ Start recording video on capture card #1.

2/ Start watching live feed on capture card #2.

3/ Now hit the up arrow key or down arrow key. The video will freeze until you hit ESC twice. After that the back end server stop and will need to be restarted. After restart the back end several times, and if you get into the same situation, it will freeze forever until you reboot.

There is also anther problem that I found:

1/ Record video on input #1.

2/ Start watching the same recorded video.

3/ What I like to do is to go forward to about 1 or two seconds before the end and keep watching just like wathcing the live feed. But this is not possible because the playback will either run the end of the clip and exit or often after hitting the RIGTH/LEFT arrow keys, the video freeze and we need to reboot.

Any helps with these issues are greatly appreciated.