[mythtv-users] Air2PC ATSC Card

Damon Meledones dmeled1 at umbc.edu
Wed Jan 26 02:57:46 EST 2005

I noticed on StormLogic's website that they say the Air2PC card has "an onboard MPEG-2 decoder, which can reduce the playback burden on your CPU to a bare minimum."

I have been unable to find any information relating to this elsewhere and I was not able to tell much from reading the data sheet.  Does anybody have any information to back up or refute this claim?

My reason for interest is that I am currently running a system with an EPIA M-10k and a PVR-350 for recording and playback.  For over-the-air DTV I am recording from the SD output of a Samsung HD tuner via s-video.  I don't have an HDTV, and won't be getting one anytime soon, so my primary concern is to be able to watch programs that are broadcast only in HD on my system.

Thanks,
Damon