[mythtv-users] LIRC on Laptop + hELP!!

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Wed Jan 26 02:28:51 EST 2005

Does anyone on either of this list know how to properly configure LIRC
esp on a laptop?

I have a D600, and I've verified that the IRDA works under linux. (using
the SIR protocol)

I've tried to make lirc work (under Gentoo) but am unsure why there's no
response.

Just to be sure, IRDA is _not_ started when I start LIRCd.

ls -l /dev/lirc* gets me
srw-rw-rw-  1 root root 0 Jan 26  2005 /dev/lircd
prw-r--r--  1 root root 0 Jan 26  2005 /dev/lircm

and also /dev/lirc/0

if I start lircd via

sudo lircd -n -d /dev/lirc/0 on a console and then
I start "irw" on another, pressing _any_ buttons on the remote (any
remote) doesn't give me any output.

Addition to that, using irrecord also does not work.

Does anyone has any experience in this?? All the stuffs I've seen on the
internet involves a home-brewed IR receiver.

If I can't get this to work, Mythtv will be of not much use :-(

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz