[mythtv-users] group on /dev/video* and rw on /dev/fb1

Frutillar frutillar at comcast.net
Wed Jan 26 00:03:17 EST 2005

On Sunday 23 January 2005 10:48 pm, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Frutillar wrote:
> > I noticed that everytime I reboot I loose the group settings for
> > /dev/video* and the rw group permission for /dev/fb1... this is to have X
> > on my pvr-350 TV Out.
> >
> > What can I do to make sure that on my next reboot I will have these set
> > correctly?  I added the two commands at the end of my rc.local file, but
> > it did not work.
>
> What ever you put in rc.local is executed AFTER all other startup scripts.
> I guess you need to have it done a little bit sooner.
>
> Hugo.

Everytime I reboot I have to manually run these two commands before I can
startx when using the frame buffer.

chgrp zero /dev/video*
chmod g+rw /dev/fb1

I have not seen any documentation regarding this step on any of the scripts,
so I must be missing something on the setup.  What am I missing and how can I
correct it?

Thanks!