[mythtv-users] Re: Problems using MythTV - errors with channel parameters

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu+mythtv-users at beirdo.ca
Tue Jan 25 22:47:42 EST 2005

Michael Obster <michael at obster.org> wrote:
> What the hell is wrong with your software. Also I have found a
> "-march=pentiumpro". PLEASE READ GCC DOCUMENTATION!!!!!
> This cannot work on platforms like PowerPC for example. Is also
> contraproductive for optimize on the different IA32 cpus!

OK.  Your attitude smells like a cattle farm.   "What the hell is wrong with
your software" my ass.   How about you learn to debug?  Oh, and to read the
documentation.  I'm pretty sure the DVB stuff has been documented on the
mailing list if nowhere else.  If nothing else, you could tone down that
attitude.

As for reading GCC Documentation, what about it?  Did you ever think that
maybe... just maybe... the build environment might be optimizing for the
specific platform you are compiling on?   Jeez.

> MythTV Version CVS from 2004-12-14

maybe you should update this before spewing...  That's over a month old.

> gcc: 3.4.2

And gcc 3.4.x has issues with a lot of code.  Maybe that's part of your
problem too?

> Hoping for some help.

I doubt you'll get much help when you bellow and insult.

Have a nice day
Gavin