[mythtv-users] LED recording indicator

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 25 20:25:15 EST 2005

Ciaran wrote:

> I have an asus pundit, the hdd activity led is enough to let me (and
> my neighbourhood know that its currently recording! But your idea
> sounds cool, a little red led on the case, mmmm :)

Excessively bright LCDs can be very effectively dimmed by covering them
with brown packing tape - either one or two layers, depending on how
much it needs to be tamed.

The power light on my Qbic was bright enough to remove the necessity for
any nightlights in the house and really didn't do much for the viewing
experience.  (especially as it sits almost right at eye-level)  After
two layers of packing tape, I still know it's there but it's no longer
bright enough to raise complaints in the household.

Same went for the HD light and the overly bright-blue power light on my
printer.