[mythtv-users] Re: Help: getting lirc working under FC3 withaHauppauge Nova-t DVB card

Nick pvr at insidethex.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 10:57:56 EST 2005

> Nick wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > I'm having no luck however getting the remote control supplied with
> > > the nova-t working under lirc.  Has anyone out there got the nova-t
> > > remote working with lirc under FC3 ?
>
> I tried using the (working) pvr-350's IR receiver/lirc setup to set up
> the nova-t
> remote, irrecord failed to find a gap[1] and bombed out.
>
> Rather a pity as the nova-t remote has lots more buttons on than the
> pvr-350's
> and I would have thought that two remotes from the same manufacturer
> would at least
> share the same codes but there's obviously something strange going on.

Have you seen/tried the info in this
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/105786) thread about
using /dev/input?

I'm sure that all Hauupauge remotes use the same RC5 control set (the
remotes I got with the 350 and the Nova-T [conexant] are the same models
...) but perhaps different codes.

When you modprobe the DVB cards drives, do you get any LIRC output?

Nick