[mythtv-users] Help: Recorded programs do not show in list in frontend.

morten users at mythtv.datascooter.com
Tue Jan 25 10:59:45 EST 2005

Hi all!

I have a strange problem with my Myth frontend....

Setup is as follows: I have a backend server that has my PVR-250 grabber
card. Front end server is another one. Version is 0.15.1.

Anyways: I can successfully record stuff onto the harddisk on the
backend server. The file exists on the harddisk, and a thumb is also
generated. I have verified the contents of the file on another PC, and
it plays just fine. (Which means: Nothing wrong with my recorder setup.)

I have installed MythWeb on the backend server as well. It can also see
that I have recorded something, and it displays it correctly inside its
HTML-pages (with thumbnail images and everything). (I have also looked
inside the MySQL database, and I can see a few records in the table
"recorded".)

HOWEVER..... Nothing is displayed in the "Recorded programs" list on the
frontend machine. I have double-checked, that I am indeed using the same
MySQL database (the one on the backend server), and it looks okay.

Why doesn't it work then? -- Anybody have a clue on how to solve this?
-- Please help, since this is driving me nuts!

~Morten