[mythtv-users] MythTV and MS-6215 (Chrontel CH-7007A, Intel 82801BA)

xzzyx at hotmail.com xzzyx at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:47:41 EST 2005

Paul(or anyone),

Did you ever find whether the on-board video/TV-out of your MS-6215
(Chrontel CH-7007A video encoder, Intel 82801BA graphics,
Intel 815 chipset), worked ok with MythTv ? Or for that matter some
other PVR software. I did see some remark somewhere that while Chrontel
chipsets are supported (with other graphics card) they are not the most
flexible for video modes.

I found one of these in the the rubbish (unfortunately sans drives and
memory, and HD bracket -- bastard) and am wondering whether it would
make an acceptable PVR. As well as picture quality and performance, how
noisy is it? Is it reliable - it seems less than wonderful that the hard
disk sits directly above the CPU.

Oh and what sort of tuner card are you using?  I'm thinking of getting a
digital tuner (sutable for AU)

Thanks for any answers,

Regards,

Andrew