[mythtv-users] Enough speed.

MacNean C. Tyrrell dardack at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 23:44:53 EST 2005

OK first off i had a celeron 2.4 ghz then an althlon 850 mhz, but when i
ran top watching live tv with the celeron i had say 12% free, but with
the 850 i had between 40 to 60%, thats kinda crazy isn't it?

Also is the 850 fast enough to run 2 pvr 250's?  or will i have to
upgrade my mobo combo?
I'm firguring that it should be fine to record 2 without problem and
watch 1 record 1.  But what about watch 1 record 2?  and what about
PIP?  I'm fircuring the watch 1 record 2 should be fine because top said
40% free and the pvr is all hardware, maybe takes 10% recording?  But
the PIP is more taxing than just watching one program?  Is there any
verification of this?

And seriosly, can the 850 be that much faster?

OT, i just bought another pvr 250 off ebay for $99.  With remote cable
and remote. Remote cable is big deal to me, because my old one isn't
working the best, unless you pull it to the side hard.  And hopefully
the one i sent back to hauppauge comes back soon.  They better send a
new one back to me.  hehe.