[mythtv-users] MPEG2->MPEG2 cut spinning

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:17:19 EST 2005

Well, I'm not 100% sure that avidemux is what's broken, but that is
the part where it always dies.  I'll have to try it again later
tonight, but as I recall I'm able to manually edit programs using
avidemux and everything works.  It's just when I run mpeg2_cut that it
fails.  One thing I've noticed is that the final entry in the Cutlist
that mpeg2_cut displays always starts 1 frame beyond what mpeg2_cut
displays as the last frame.  Here's a sample output from nuvexport
using mpeg2_cut:

Now encoding:  The Simpsons:  Bart Star
Encode started:  Mon Jan 24 17:14:11 2005
which: no Xvfb in
(/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/mythtv/bin)
mpeg2cut v1.6
Using mode X
Filename "/home/mythtv/video/recordings/1014_20050121175800_20050121183000.nuv"
OutFile "/usr/extra/dvd/simpsons/The Simpsons - Bart Star.mpg"
Last GOP index 3836
Cutlist "3770-19255 23168-32152 37579-49248 57541-"
Finding the AV Offset to use with lvemux: -33
Finding framerate: 29.970
Last Frame 57540
Indexing the file with avidemux2
Cutting out commercials with avidemux2

You'll notice that it reports the last frame as being 57540, but the
final entry in the cutlist is 57541-.  I'm wondering if that's part of
the problem.  However, it always creates a .cut and a .cut2 file.  I'm
guessing that there should also be a .cut3 and .cut4 for the other two
items in the cutlist.  If that's the case then it's probably not even
getting to the point where the 57541- would be a problem.

Brad Benson