[mythtv-users] Avermedia DVB-T remote

Andy Shaw ashaw at seberg.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 15:56:14 EST 2005

Hi,

I've recently setup mythtv, a lengthy process (certainly on an epia-m)
but at last it's all coming together. I have one last wish and that's to
get my remote control working with Myth. It's the controller that comes
with the Avermedia DVB-T TV card and I've had some minor success
already. By loading the ir_kbd_gpio I've found that the controller sends
events to /dev/input/event3. My question is how should I go about
mapping these events to mythtv?

Currently the controller does have some effect over myth (up is down,
down is up, etc) but little else.

If anyone could offer any advice it'd be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Andy

BTW, if anyone's thinking of going for an Avermedia DVB-T (low profile)
card in the UK I'd recommend against it. While my standalone Freeview
box picks up everything the Aver barely picks up a thing - and that's
with the latest firmware too.