[mythtv-users] Custom channel surfing

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 14:49:30 EST 2005

I like the idea - I already went through and physically removed all
the channels I didn't watch (QVC, HSN, GOLF, all the religious
networks, CMT, etc). I still have to wade through the less popular
ones that I don't want to delete because they might have a movie on
that I'd want to watch or something.

My cable box has a "favorite" button, works like the channel up
button, but only goes to the next "favorite" channel. Unfortunately,
it didn't have a channel-down equivalent.

If comcast/motorola makes it in a consumer product, it must be a good idea!

Only problem is, now we need an interface to select which channels are
the favorites, and a more complicated one if we're going to have
multiple sets of favorites.

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:22:29 -0700, Russ Dill <russ.dill at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it would be very useful, if while channel surfing, you could
> selectively block out certain types of programming. This might already
> be in peoples mind as far as content control, but it would be also
> useful for normal usage. Ie, surfing past all paid programming late at
> night, or all sporting events, or if there are various shows you know
> you'd rather not watch, ie, oprah. The opposite could be a favorite
> channel browse, that would only browse through sporting events, or
> only browse through a select set of shows.
>
> Any thoughts?

email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites