[mythtv-users] DVB Channel data in Sydney

Ed Murray mail at avenuedesign.net
Mon Jan 24 09:51:47 EST 2005

Hi all,
I (think) I am most of the way through a myth setup.
I have the avermedia DVB-TV card running successfully in mplayer. The
remote also works well.
I am stuck at putting the channel data correctly into the mythconverg
database. I have got tv_grab_au (version 0.6) and after altering the
code askQuestion calls to ask_choice it seems to l. It will not run from
myth-setup so I am using mythfilldatabase. This results in some sql
errors. So I then ran mythfilldatabase --manual it then runs
successfully except it asks me for some information about the channel.

I have information like this from the scan generated channels.conf

ABC TV
Sydney:226500000:INVERSION_AUTO:BANDWIDTH_7_MHZ:FEC_3_4:FEC_1_2:QAM_64:TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_16:HIERARCHY_NONE:512:650:545

Could somebody explain how I can translate this into something that I
can enter into the mythfilldatabase
ie. How can I convert this into:

freq id
channel name

also does the channel id have to reference anything else?

Am I going about this the right way?

Is this all the info I need?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ed Murray