[mythtv-users] Better lirc files?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Jan 23 12:57:58 EST 2005

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, John Williams wrote:
>

>>> I am looking for samples of the new grey and black one
>>>for the PVR-350 but am willing to take others and put them on a website
>>>as well.
>>>

>>Jarod has shared his on wilsonet.com. You can find it at
>>http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/lircd-g3.conf.txt
>>

>That is NOT the .lircrc file. That is the /etc/lircd.conf which is listed
>about one and a half page before the .lircrc file mentioned in the same
>guide.
>
>I get all the right responses when testing with irw but just a few of them
>with mythtv. This .lircrc sample file is using CH+ where the lircd file is
>generating Channel-UP for example.

Reminder.  MythTV does not use the .lircrc file in the home directory of
the user that runs mythfrontend.  It uses it's own LIRC file in
~/.mythtv/lircrc.  Are you putting the options in the right file?  IRW
will by default use the ~/.lircrc and not the mythtv one which could
explain your differing results.

Kevin