[mythtv-users] how to enable mysql networking in FC1

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Sun Jan 23 12:52:58 EST 2005

Try:

nmap 192.168.0.100

Of course, change the IP address.
You should see someone listening on 3306.
If you verified the daemon is actually running:
ps ax | grep mysql
Then you might have a firewall problem. Try this if you think it's safe
(it effectively disables your firewall):
iptables -F INPUT
iptables -F OUTPUT
iptables -F FORWARD
then do the nmap again. If you see someone on 3306, you have a firewall
problem.
If not, try the whole exercise through localhost.
If still not, install/activate webmin and use the MySQL module to try
and get a handle on it.

Regards,
   JJ