[mythtv-users] how to enable mysql networking in FC1

Michael S. Ritterbusch miker at ritterbusch.net
Sun Jan 23 10:45:14 EST 2005

You may not get any results by that command:

Try "netstat -l |grep sql"

Also, try "telnet ip-address-of-server 3306" from the machine you want
to connect from.  Telnet should make a connection and probably get some
misc binary data back.

If the netstat command above shows its listening but you can't connect
via telnet, you may have some firewalling going on.

If you can connect from the client, then your issue is most likely
permissions within the database.

Hope that helps.