[mythtv-users] My MP3s sound different in mythmusic

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Sun Jan 23 09:28:08 EST 2005

I'm guessing that somehow mythmusic is playing back 44.1kHz mp3's at
48kHz.  This would cause a pitch shift upwards of 48/44.1  and a time
shift such that
played time = (44.1/48)*(actual_time).You will need to look around the
myth music setup and see what can be set.  If their is an option to
change the sampling rate, try setting it differently and see what you get.

My own system I could never get to playback to the spdif output since
mythmusic doesn't support ALSA at least not the 0.16 version of it
anyway.  I could never get asound.conf to do anything useful with
anyones files/examples, but specifing ALSA:spdif works fine in mythtv.
(shuttle xpc nforce 2/amd board.)