[mythtv-users] Multiple Backends?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Jan 21 23:19:56 EST 2005

Roy Murphy wrote:

>I'll have two tuners on seperate machines (one HD, one SD). Can they
>share one backend with, say, one network mounted drive to share?

Yes, they both will run the mythbackend process.  A backend is a machine
that operates a tuner.  They can certainly share drive space mounted
from one or the other machine, or even on a totally different machine.
If you're doing HD recording though, I'd probably think that the drive
should be shared from that machine due to the higher bandwidth needs of HD.

Kevin