[mythtv-users] Archiving TV shows to DVD

M S skd5aner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 22:16:26 EST 2005

Hi,  I know this is has been asked before, but I can't seem to find
the right answer.  I want an _easy_ solution to backup shows to DVDs,
but I can't seem to find it.  I've tried the MythBurnDVD, but it
produces some video glitches and doesn't do AC3 sound.  I can't get
nuv2disc to work because I can't get the dependencies to work.  I have
170GB available to save shows on, and only have 9GB left.  I'd really
like to archive a majority of these to DVD.

Please help, what is a viable option.  Saying "I use DVDAuthor" isn't
a viable option.  The closest that seems to be simple to use is
MythBurnDVD, but it has some downpoints.