[mythtv-users] Getting VCR Recordings Into MythTV/MythVideo

Harald Deischinger harald.deischinger at aon.at
Fri Jan 21 15:05:18 EST 2005

Hi,

It seems that the problem is that MythTV is not doing a "direct
recording" if there is no EPG information available.

What I have done now is adding an EPG entry for my VCR - and suddenly I
could record directly from it.
The only problem is that I can not stop recording directly. I have to go
out to the list of recordings and stop it from there.

- Here is my VCR.xml:

<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">
<tv>
<channel id="VCR">
    <display-name>VCR</display-name>
</channel>
<programme start="20050121000000 +0000" stop="20150121235900 +0000"
channel="VCR">
    <title>VCR</title>
    <category>Manual Recording</category>
</programme>