[mythtv-users] Whats the most stable system at the monent?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Fri Jan 21 14:44:36 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 01:13:00PM -0500, David George wrote:
> On 1/21/2005 12:15 PM, Jå§òÑ M@¢þhè®$Øñ wrote:
>
> >Just another Data point for you:
> >
> >I run FC2, with a pvr-350 and myth 0.16
> >
> >I average about one crash every two days.
> >

> Interesting, I run FC2 with (2) PVR-250 and a pcHDTV HD-2000 and my
> system is rock solid.

Depends what you mean by a crash.   Mythfrontend (0.16) crashes every
time you tune to an HDTV channel with inadequate signal.

(The sky at night is the colour of a television tuned to a dead channel.)

Linux crashes are rare, though I certainly got plenty while trying to
debug nvidia driver configuration.   That's nothing directly to do with
myth, though.

I'm also seeing more backend and frontend crashes since I switched to
having a 2nd system which is both remote frontend and slave backend.
(The HD card is upstairs by the antenna, the pvr-250 is downstairs by
the TV and cable.)   Still haven't worked out the cause, but I'm going
to need to make a script to test for the presence of the slave
backend regularly and kickstart it.  Otherwise it misses shows.
The master backend doesn't fail much.