[mythtv-users] Am I ready to go?

Julian cerebro70 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 13:59:38 EST 2005

Hi,

I am putting together a "test" MythTv box to try it
out before I purchase the new HD-3000s.  I would
appreciate if anyone could let me know of any caveats
with my methodology.  Here is the setup I am going
for:

-Fedora Core 3
-ATI Radeon 32MB Video Card (motherboard also has
shared memory architecture...not sure if I can disable
as of yet)
- ATI TV Wonder (VE?) (NOT all in wonder)
-80GB Maxtor HD

This will be going in an old Dell Optiplex.  I am
curious if these devices are supported in FC3 or if I
should use Core 2?  I am going to use a keyboard/mouse
combo for now, but intend to get a remote.  Finally, I
plan to follow Jarod Wilson's HOW-TO.  I chose Fedora
since I am familiar with Red Hat 9 running Gnome, and
I heard it has better support/expansion capabilities.

Thanks in advance,
Julian

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam