[mythtv-users] new ati driver and pundit-r tvout, still no go

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Fri Jan 21 09:49:24 EST 2005

At 9:39 PM +0100 1/20/05, Steven wrote:
>Dan Wilga schreef:
>>Of course, unless this version fixes the lack of a reliable vsync
>>method, it will still cause Myth to do lots of "prebuffering
>>pauses", and will therefore be useless.
>
>If you have a pundit-r the prebuffer pauses are not really ATI
>driver related but have to do with a bug in the alsa driver for the
>atiixp card. This is fixed in alsa 1.08.

No, I don't think that's my problem. (I actually use an ASUS
motherboard.) In my case, the ATI driver doesn't seem to support the
GL or DRM methods of vsync, so Myth falls back to using RTC for
timing. This is why I get the pauses.

I'll still try the newer version of alsa, just in case. Do you know
where to get a Mandrake RPM binary for it? Even thac is still at
1.0.7. I hate trying to compile libraries like this from source,
since things never get installed into the right locations.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"