[mythtv-users] Tuner input AND serial cable

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Thu Jan 20 22:28:23 EST 2005

Just for fun you might pick up a really long composite cable or a couple
coaxial to rca style adapters to make one with coax easily.  Unless your
going over a couple hundred foot (and maybe not then), I'd bet the
composite will still be better.  It might be expensive to get a good
svideo cable thats really long though.

What exactly is the "large distance"?

Also note that you can amplify composite and svideo signals.

"(and the composite ports on my cable
box are very poor quality - VERY staticy)."

It sounds like you have a bad cable box or something..  Well you can
also get an inline combiner that takes s-video and converts it to
composite...