[mythtv-users] PVR 250 vs 350 vs no hardware encoding; Dolby audio

Robert Denier denier at umr.edu
Thu Jan 20 22:21:02 EST 2005

It should be noted that I never got the remote working with this card,
but then I didn't try really hard either.  I used a sound card for
audio, although according to lspci its standard bt878 audio, so you
should be able to get it using the antennae connection.. I think.. (I
haven't tried yet.)  I used a separate ati rf remote.

I noticed a hauppage WinTV-GO card on pricewatch.com from
surpluscomputers.com for $19 with free shipping.  Note that I think this
card is only coaxial (antenae/cable) and composite.  Further  note the
57% positive feedback rating on pricewatch.com.  This is certainly not a
recommendation to do business with them, since unlike newegg I am not
familiar with them.  Its just an FYI.  I might order one.

Does anyone know if the lower cost newer hauppage pvr 150? cards are
ready for use with myth?

lspci info for the kword card, if it helps someone..

01:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 11)
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop-
ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

01:06.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture