[mythtv-users] LCDProc and Myth

Chad Delatte gremlin190 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 19:36:54 EST 2005

Okay, I've tried everything that I can think of to get
Myth to talk to my vfd. My first install, I followed
Jarod's guide to the t and then recompiled myth and
installed it on top of itself.  I was able to get the
lcd screen to show up in the appearance tab, but was
unable to display anything on my vfd.  I tried adding
sql info to the settings table, I've changed different
port numbers, ip addresses in lcdproc and myth with no
luck. So I did the next best thing, I formatted.
Well, here I am with a clean install.  This time I
only apt-get what I needed short of Mythtv.  I
recompiled Myth with the edited settings and then
installed. Well, I ran the frontend and still no go.
The screen shows in the appearance tab, but no output
to my vfd.  I have verified that it is working and
does display info when I request it to.  I looked for
a log file that dealt with myth and came up empty
handed.
My linux skills aren't the best, so please be patient.
 I have only used linux for about 2 months now and did
my first compile and install less than 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for any assistance.
Chad