[mythtv-users] Mythweb install error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 20 18:30:21 EST 2005

> Trying to get MythWeb up and running but when I point the browser at the
> homepage then I get:-
>
> Warning at /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php, line 63:
> mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (13) Fatal Error at
> /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php, line 64:
> Can't connect to the database server. Did you use the correct settings
> in config/conf.php?

> I've tried installing phpmyadmin also and it gives the same socket error.

> FC3, Myth 0.16, MythWeb 0.16, mysql  Ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.58, for
> redhat-linux-gnu (i386)

I'm a little confused here.  At first I thought it might be that php was
compiled with some part of the mysql support missing, but if it's
packages, that should be fine.

The only other thing that comes to mind is the new SE Linux stuff that's
in fc3.  Try turning that off (it's under security settings, I think),
it'll require a reboot.

-Chris