[mythtv-users] DCT2000 serial cable question

Nick Collier nick.collier at verizon.net
Thu Jan 20 17:16:10 EST 2005

Hi,

I've got a Motorola DCT2224 cable box and I'd like to use a serial cable to
change the channel. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have a "traditional" 9
pin serial port on it. What it does have however are two mini stereo type
jacks labeled  "Out of Band" and "High Speed" respectively. I've seen some
posts that suggest that one of these may be used as the serial port. Has
anyone managed to do this? Any suggestions?

thanks,

Nick