[mythtv-users] FW: New Source Forge Project MythStreamTV

e394td at comcast.net e394td at comcast.net
Thu Jan 20 15:46:50 EST 2005

I've installed mythstreamtv, but can't get wmp (or vlc) to play the streams.  When I click the mms://ip:port link it opens wmp, but I receive an "Enter Network Password" window.  My mythweb access is restricted via htaccess, and this looks like the same authentication window that IE gives, more or less.  However, when I enter my username and password, it just pops up a window that says "Windows Media Player cannot connect to the server..."  I tried setting up my stream directory at /var/www/html/stream, with apache.apache permissions, but that didn't make any difference.  What am I missing?

Thanks.