[mythtv-users] nvidia pci card X cpu utilization - Solved

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 11:47:14 EST 2005

I have been searching through news groups and google for a couple of
days now because X was using about 36-40% cpu utilization on playback
of a 720x480, 5500 - 8000 recorded show.  I am using the latest fedora
core 3 kernel, and the 6629 nvidia drivers, with a Geforce4 440MX pci
card.  After all the time put in I have finally hit paydirt with this
post and patch,

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=467515&postcount=2

Now my X cpu utilization is down around 16%, not bad for a PCI card.
I have seen other people with similar posts on this mailing list, so
decided I would share this link.  I guess in general it would be good
to have in the archives until NVidia releases another driver version.

-Jon