[mythtv-users] mplayer patches for mythnuv

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 20 10:52:31 EST 2005

>>Does such a patch exist anywhere any more?
> It does, at: http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/mythtv/
> I had no trouble applying it to a recent xbox media center mplayer cvs
> checkout, but it seems that not all types of myth nuv files are
> supported. I haven't had time to test it yet, but at first glance it
> seems that mpeg4 myth files had some problems.

The patch should be in mplayer 1.0 (unless Axel is adding it himself in
the atrpms package).  But it's an old patch; Isaac has long since
changed mythtv nuv files so that they're no longer entirely compatible
with the patch.

I can watch mythtv nuv's with mplayer, but can't ff/rw/etc., and the
sound becomes out of sync.

-Chris