[mythtv-users] Incomplete Recordings: SOLVED (and bug found?)

Scott Nicholson mythtv at scottnic.com
Thu Jan 20 10:14:50 EST 2005

I've posted a couple of times over the last few weeks about a problem I
was having with incomplete recordings (some, but not all, of my
recordings would halt about 15 seconds in, but mythtv seemed unaware of
this, as there was no indication of it in the logs and myth would report
that the recording was completed at the time it was supposed to be
completed). When a recording was prematurely aborted the backend would
stop responding until it was restarted.

I tried ivtv updates and CVS updates to no avail, but then at one point
I was watching the log (tail -f) when a recording started and watching
the filesize (F5 in Windows Explorer) grow as the recording started.

The filesize stopped getting bigger at the precise moment that the
backend log noted that it had scheduled x items in y seconds.

So I deduced that something in the scheduler was causing the recording
to stop.

On a whim, I decided to remove the one "unique" recording schedule I had
-- a custom recording that was to grab all shows with "torres" in the
title (Jacques Torres baking/candymaking shows on FoodTV often have
different titles)

voila!

I haven't had a problem with incomplete recordings since then (several
days ago).

So... How do I go about reporting this (apparent) bug?