[mythtv-users] new ati driver and pundit-r tvout, still no go

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Thu Jan 20 09:30:05 EST 2005

At 8:20 AM +0100 1/20/05, Steven wrote:
>Tried it but the TV-out still doesn't work on the pundit's 9100IGP.
>Save yourselves some time and keep using the old version that you could
>get to work with the hex-edit trick.

Sigh. I have downloaded the driver, but not had a chance to try it
yet. I guess it's too much to ask that ATI would actually fix the bug
that causes the hex edit hack to be necessary, after only three
revisions. (I was able to figure out which bytes to patch in the last
version, so I may be able to do the same in this one; I'll probably
get to it this weekend.)

Of course, unless this version fixes the lack of a reliable vsync
method, it will still cause Myth to do lots of "prebuffering pauses",
and will therefore be useless.
Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"