[mythtv-users] When the disk is full... what happens?

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 08:57:35 EST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:28:22 +0000, Adam Auden <adam.auden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps rather than creating a truncated recording Myth could estimate
> the disk space needed based on the program length it's about to record
> and flag an error if it doesn't have room?  Not sure how useful it
> would be but it seems the most elegant way of catching the problem.

I wouldn't like it. Just think of this case: A recording for a 2 hour
movie starts, but you only have room for 90 minutes. If I came home 10
minutes after the movie's beginning, I would want to have those 80
minutes to delete stuff to make sure the whole recording fits instead
of losing the whole recording because I didn't delete recordings a few
minutes earlier.

Jens