[mythtv-users] When the disk is full... what happens?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jan 19 18:33:26 EST 2005

> Of course.  I have not looked at this code, but my understanding is
> the autoexpire runs every 10 minutes, thus you want to have a buffer
> zone big enough for 10 minutes and probably more -- at least 1.5gb for
> HDTV, and that's cutting it fine.

Here's the code... :)

static BackendSpinBox *AutoExpireDiskThreshold()
{
    BackendSpinBox *bs = new BackendSpinBox("AutoExpireDiskThreshold",
                                            0, 200, 1);
    bs->setLabel(QObject::tr("Auto Expire Free Disk Space Threshold "
                 "(in Gigabytes)"));
    bs->setHelpText(QObject::tr("Trigger AutoExpire when available disk "
                    "space is below this value.  Disable AutoExpire by "
                    "setting to 0."));
    bs->setValue(0);
    return bs;
};

The default is 0, why by the definition in the help means that
AutoExpire is Disabled.  It seems to make sense to me.  You're telling
Myth to keep at least X Gigabytes FREE.  If you say 0GB, then Myth won't care
and will let your hard drive fill up. :)   The default is 0 because
a lot of people run a lot of people don't want AutoExpire running and
when I added AutoExpire to Myth, I didn't want to add a new feature
that could potentially delete people's recordings if they weren't careful.
I wanted people to have to turn AutoExpire ON.

--

Chris