[mythtv-users] is there an easy way to reboot in software through myth

Paul Pick paul.pick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:31:05 EST 2005

> There is a log file monitoring tool called swatch that some people are
> using to monitor for the crash and restart the backend if it crashes.

I put "su mythtv -c mythbackend" in the inittab marked as respawn.
Then I added a menu item to mythfrontend to do a "killall mythbackend"
'cause sometimes (every week or two) the backend stops talking to me
and this smartens him right up.

--
"We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different!"
 -- Kurt Vonnegut