[mythtv-users] Nova-t remote with linux 2.6

Kalle Pokki kalle.pokki at iki.fi
Wed Jan 19 03:32:54 EST 2005

Mark Howells wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been away from mythtv for a while but have now restarted mythtv
>project./  I've got a Nova-t dvb card but can't get the remote to
>work.  It partly works, in as much as the buttons 0 through 9 deliver
>some events to /dev/input/event0.  So, for example when I press '1' on
>the remote i get '1111' on the active terminal window.  However,
>evtest doesn't detect anything on any remote press (even the '1'
>button).

Do you have the new nova-t or the old one?

For the new one, I have the same situation you do. After some testing
the other night I figured my problem is too old video4linux snapshot. It
didn't yet contain the correct mappings for the remote, but according to
the changelog I think it now does. So update the cx88 driver and follow
the instructions in these documents to set up the system to use the lirc
daemon.

http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/faq.html
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#lirc

Note that I didn't grab a new video4linux snapshot yet to try this out,
so my approach may as well be wrong. I did, however, get some keys
working with the apparently wrong key mappings in the cx88 driver I had.
I don't remember wherther I used the lircd.conf and lircrc from
bytesex.org or wilsonet.com to get some results, but you could try both.

Please post your results to the list if you try this. I'm also getting
tired of going to the computer in the other room to fast forward the
commercials....